7.17.2009

Meet Robin

My inspiration for photography came when I was a teenager. I always wanted to take photos of things so I would remember them. It didn’t take long for me to want to photograph stuff in a much more creative way than everybody else. I tried to figure out how to make photos different. Different than before, different than the other guys. . . different than what I had. Alas, photography is expensive and even though I had my dad’s Minolta SLR (circa. 1967), I had to give it up when I started living on my own. Living on mac n’ cheese doesn’t allow for much to be spent on film and developing, that’s for sure!

My interest in photography was renewed again when digital came on the scene. My first digital camera was a tiny little Fuji point-n-shoot and it didn’t take me long to fall in love with taking pictures. But I was frustrated by how slow it was, and I sure couldn’t be as “different” as I wanted to be. Creativity is a bit limited with a cute little camera, and so I began upgrading. And upgrading again. And again. I bought my first Nikon SLR in 2003 and began taking photos of friends’ kids, my dogs and cats, sunsets, flowers. . . . most anything that moved. Or didn’t. My love affair with photography was rekindled - I wanted so badly to make really beautiful, creative images.

I joined FPP in 2006 and attended workshops and classes, and in 2007, 2008, and 2009 Florida School. I always have a book in my hands, so I was reading most anything on photography I could find. I am currently pursuing my certification as Certified Professional Photographer and eventually a Masters in Photography. And my camera? I shoot with a Nikon D2x and most of the time with my very favorite lens, the 85mm 1.4. My camera is a workhorse, I call it The Beast, but I really love it. I’ll be upgrading soon, well, because that’s what we photographers do!

I love to teach and I hold workshops on photography throughout the year. Teaching others photography is something I really love, and I manage to learn something from someone every time. And it sure is fun seeing the passion for photography in you guys!

I am a member of PPA, a board member of the Tallahassee Professional Photographers Guild.

What else about me? Check out FAQ for more personal stuff. Yes, I really do more than just photograph fur children!

CONTACT ME!

E-mail me at robin@furbyrobinadams.com
Call me at 850.591.3364
Or fill out my contact form and I'll get right back to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign up for our E- Newsletter

Followers